Team In Training
Tomorrow it starts. The next Team In Training season here in Colorado Springs kicks off at 6pm on 12/3 at the Penrose Cancer Center. For the last five-going-on-six years I have been coaching the triathlon team here in Colorado Springs.
For the last seven-going-on-eight years I have been involved with this organization. It is how I got started in endurance sport.
A lot of people use the motivation and team environment of Team In Training to get started in an endurance sport. But you can be an experienced athlete and still get so much out of it.
- You are fund raising for a fantastic cause, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. (and it’s not as hard as you think to fund raise!)
- Want to meet new and energetic people in your town? Join TNT. You will meet fabulous friends.
- Get connected to the cause. Even if you don’t know anyone affected by blood cancer (but chances are you will learn that you do), you will be connected with Team Heroes, blood cancer patients and survivors of all ages.
- Explore new areas to train! We try to cover all parts of town with our training because there is so much to offer here!
- Group workouts led by experienced coaches will keep you motivated! Get in on the group action. We train based on time so regardless of your fitness and speed, you get in a great workout!
There are many reasons I keep coming back year after year. Join me this year to find out!
Join your local Team In Training chapter and do good this year.
Here are the Rocky Mountain Chapter events for this upcoming season:
ASPEN SNOWSHOE ADVENTURE
March 9, 2013
ST. ANTHONY’S TRIATHLON
St. Petersburg, FL
Olympic Distance: 1.5k Swim, 40k Bike, 10k Run
April 28, 2013
PLATTE RIVER HALF MARATHON
Run or Walk: 13.1 Miles
April 7, 2013
BMO VANCOUVER MARATHON
Run or Walk: 13.1 or 26.2 Miles
May 5, 2013
And always remember…. GO TEAM!!!